Yard and Factory Laborer
Sidney Sugars, Inc. in Sidney, MT, seeks 70 Yard and Factory Laborers for temporary, full-time employment (10/01/2022 to 01/10/2023). Duties: Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Keep floors clean and dry by sweeping, shoveling, and using a squeegee. Pull on water hoses while hosing down floors; roll hoses and replace on holder. Push wheelbarrows. Will not operate factory beet and/or sugar processing equipment. Transfer raw materials between storage and work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or using hand trucks or powered lift trucks. Perform other duties as assigned.
May perform other job duties pursuant to 51.9198.00, Helpers Production Workers.
35+ hours/week, OT varies; 8+-hour rotating shifts of 7 days on; each shift consisting of nights, weekends, and holidays; DAY SHIFT: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; 7 days in a row, 3 days off; SWING SHIFT: 4:00 pm to 12:00 am; 7 days in a row, 2 days off; GRAVEYARD SHIFT: 12:00 am to 8:00 am; 7 days in a row, 2 days off, back to day shift; no more than 12-hours per day; schedule varies; business is open 7 days/week
No formal education, training or experience required. On-the-job training will be provided.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and criminal background check. Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds. Must be willing to work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends.
Must be able to stand and walk a majority of the day and be able to bend, twist, kneel as required for various tasks. Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally to frequently (lifting more than 50 pounds will require mechanical assistance). Maximum workload capacity each day may be moderate to heavy energy requirements. Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety procedures and signs. Must be able to understand and carry out verbal instructions. May use hand trucks or powered lift trucks. Employees are exposed to humid, cold, or warm temperatures. Job tasks performed may be on uneven surfaces and in high noise areas (above 85 decibels) where hearing protection is required.
$18.13/hr; O/T $27.20/hr; Covered by Collective Bargaining Agreement
Employer assurances pursuant to 20 CFR 655.20:
- Single work week used in computing wages due.
- Wages paid bi-weekly.
- Work tools, supplies & equipment provided without cost to employee.
- Employer will make all deductions from the worker’s paycheck required by law and any non-legally required payroll deductions permitted under the law and requested by Employee.
- Employer will arrange & pay directly for transportation & subsistence from place of recruitment to place of work. Employer will issue reimbursement within the first workweek when required to meet FLSA minimum wage obligations. Upon completion of the work contract or where the worker is dismissed earlier, if the worker has no immediately subsequent H-2B employment, the employer will provide or pay for worker’s reasonable costs of return transportation & subsistence back home or to the place the worker originally departed to work. The amount of transportation payment or reimbursement will be equal to the most economical & reasonable common carrier for the distances involved. Daily subsistence will be provided at a rate of at least $14.00 per day during travel to a maximum of $59.00 per day with receipts.
- Employer will reimburse worker in the first work week for all visa, visa processing, border crossing & related fees, incl. those mandated by the government (excluding passport fees).
- The employer guarantees to offer work for hours equal to at least three-fourths of the workdays in each 12-week period of the total employment period.
This position is being posted in connection with a future application for H-2B workers.
Application Process: Contact the nearest office of Sidney Job Service, 211 North Central, Sidney, MT 59270, (406) 433-1204 and reference: Job ID: 38326838 & 38362866 “H-2B Sidney Sugars.” Contact Sandy Sands at WSands@mt.gov or (406) 444-2981 or Sidney Sugars, Inc. at email@example.com