We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team at Sidney Sugars Incorporated, located in Sidney, MT as a Shift Superintendent. The purpose of this position is to direct the shift operations of the factory in accordance with established procedures and in a manner that produces quality products at the lowest unit cost while maintaining a safe work environment. During inter-campaign, this position will also direct and assist in the mechanical repair of equipment as well as the installation of capital equipment.
The principal accountabilities of this position include:
- Produce a quality product within specification with minimal waste of product or resources, while complying with all company and regulatory standards and specifications.
- Ensure maximum factory output through prudent factory operation.
- Ensure all safety, sanitation, process accounting, product quality, environmental, and staffing functions comply with company policy and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with crew on processing and labor-management topics.
- Identify sugar beet delivery problems and works with the Ag Department to correct.
- Ensure maintenance and quality control are performing within established guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with all good manufacturing practices.
- Administer time and attendance, work performance, disciplinary documentation and other administrative duties within company policy and constraints of union contract.
To be successful in this position requires an extensive knowledge of the sugar beet refining process, a solid mechanical aptitude, good computer skills, and knowledge of product quality standards, HACCP, sanitation procedures, good manufacturing practices, environmental and OSHA compliance. This incumbent must also possess excellent supervisory and leadership skills. These skills are typically obtained through a 2 – 4 year technical education and/or a minimum of 3 – 5 years of sugar beet processing and/or related food processing experience.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, September 23, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A drug free workplace