We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team at Sidney Sugars Incorporated, located in Sidney, MT as an Agriculturist. The purpose of this position is to provide agronomic expertise to growers in the production of a high quality beet crop that increases the recoverable sugar per acre. Manage harvest operations and beet storage for assigned areas. Manage grower relationships within corporate guidelines to attract and retain sugar beet growers.
The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Make recommendations to assist growers in the production of a high quality beet crop with an increase in recoverable sugar and minimal production costs.
- Maintain Agriculture Reporting System to ensure appropriate information is available for decision making purposes.
- Maintain current knowledge of new research and technological changes to ensure growers receive up-to-date information on sugar beet agriculture.
- Assist in the implementation of new technology in crop production.
- Assist growers with harvest equipment and improved harvest techniques to maximize sugar recovery per acre.
- Effectively manage receiving stations, supervise harvest crews, and ensure compliance with Company policies during harvest.
- Properly cool, store, monitor, and reload the sugar beets at their station to maximize factory operations.
To be successful in this position requires an agri-business background typically gained through the completion of a degree in Agronomy, Ag Economics or a related field with two to three years of experience. Effective oral and written communications skills, supervisory skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with growers are also required. A valid driver’s license is required. CCA certification preferred.
To apply, send resume or application to Mandi Johnk at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 28, 2018. Internal and external candidates will be considered simultaneously.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Purpose: To clean throughout the factory
Wages: $16.67 per hour with frequent openings in station A positions that pay $18.33
- Keep floors clean and dry by sweeping, shoveling, and using a squeegee.
- Pull on water hoses while hosing down floors; roll hoses and replace on holder.
- Stand and walk a majority of the day.
- Lift 50 pounds occasionally to frequently (lifting more than 50 pounds will require mechanical assistance).
- Push wheelbarrows with supplies for several hundred feet.
- Maximum workload capacity each day may be moderate to heavy energy requirements.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety procedures and signs.
- Be able to understand and carry out verbal instructions.
- Some positions require driving a forklift; training is given.
- Employees are exposed to humid, cold, or warm temperatures. Job tasks performed may be on uneven surfaces and in high noise areas (above 85 decibels) where hearing protection is required.
Hours of Work
8 hour rotating shifts of 7 days on each shift consisting of nights, weekends, and holidays.
Day Shift, 8 AM to 4 PM; 7 days in a row, 3 days off
Swing Shift, 4 PM to midnight, 7 days in a row, 2 days off
Graveyard Shift: midnight to 8 AM 7 days in a row, 2 days off, back to days.
Newly hired employees are considered probationary for the first 42 working days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A drug free workplace
Employee Referral Program
Sidney Sugars Incorporated is seeking an INSTRUMENT TECH for their sugarbeet factory in Sidney, Montana.
Requirements of the job:
- Understanding of instrument terminology and definitions
- Knowledge of pneumatic and electronic instrumentation
- Knowledge of transmitters and of computers in process control
- Responsible for installation, troubleshooting, isolation, and repair of instruments
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Must pass the employer administered written instrumentation test
- Strong proficiency in computer skills
Starting wage is $25.00/hour, $29.94 and full time when competence has been proven.
Benefits for the successful candidate include:
- Insurance for medical, dental, and life
- Short term disability
- Pension and 401(k)
- Pay for vacation, sick, and holiday
Send resume to:
Personnel Department, Sidney Sugars Incorporated, 35140 County Road 125, Sidney MT 59270
Fax 406-433-9317 or phone 406-433-9320
Equal Opportunity Employer
A drug free workplace
Sidney Sugars Incorporated is seeking a full time Boiler Operator for our sugar manufacturing plant in Sidney, Montana. The purpose of this position is to operate, maintain, and service the coal and gas burning boilers.
The ideal candidate must have either a Class 1 or Class 2 boiler license or equivalent from other state to transfer. Individuals with a Class 3 boiler license will be considered. During campaign when processing beets, the successful applicant will supervise and direct activities of the water tender, fireman, and coal handler and monitor all boiler room operations, including steam pressures, water addition, coal bed burning, dumping of coal boilers, firing rates, and coal receiving. During intercampaign when not processing, the applicant will maintain and service all boiler room equipment.
Starting Salary is depending on experience and license, up to $29.25 per hour. Full time when competence has been proven. Benefits include medical/dental insurance, 401(k), pension, disability leave pay, life insurance and vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
For information, please call Angela Christensen: